Application for Affiliate Membership
Application for Inclusion on the Register of The Institute of Trichologists as an Affiliate Member
What are your benefits?
- You will be Affiliated to the oldest and biggest Institution of Trichologists in the world (Founded in 1902)
- Should you travel to the UK, you will be eligible to attend any Members seminars that may be going on at that time.
- You will be attached to The Trichology body in the UK, that is recognised by the Law Society, Trading standards, The Institute of Biology, NHS Direct Health advice line, The All party Parliamentary Group on Skin and many other professional bodies within the UK.
- You will be able to right the words International Affiliate of The Institute of Trichologists on you mail and website.
- You will be listed on the International Affiliates page of The Institute of Trichologists.
- You will hold certification of your Affiliation, which you can display at your place of work
What is International Affiliation?
Affiliate ( UK ) Any person who resides outside the UK and is
not enrolled upon the Register of the Institute at any other grade of membership
- who has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Board of Directors (Governors),by such means as the Board of Directors (Governors) from time to time consider appropriate, a professional knowledge of the science of the
hair and scalp
- who has agreed in writing to abide by the Institutes Code of Professional Ethics and Practice and any other codes, rules or procedures published by the Institute from time to time and notified to him or her as applicable to International Affiliates
- who has paid to the Institute all fees payable by International Affiliates as set the Board of Directors (Governors) from time to time
- in respect of whom the Board of Directors (Governors) has passed a resolution accepting that person as an International Affiliate of the Institute and approved the issue to him or her of an International Affiliate dated Certificate(to be renewed annually),
- Provided that:
- (1) International Affiliate is not a qualified grade of membership and an International Affiliate shall have no right to attend, speak or vote at any meetings of the Institute and shall not be eligible for election to the Board
of Directors (Governors);
- (2) In recognition that International Affiliate is not a qualification with the Institute, an International Affiliate shall not be entitled to use or display (on his or her advertising materials or elsewhere) any post nominal letters, but shall be entitled to display on any correspondence or advertising material the words International Affiliate of the Institute of Trichologists(UK);
- (3) The Board of Directors (Governors) shall have the right to remove an International Affiliate from the Register of the Institute if a complaint is made against that International Affiliate and the Board of Directors (Governors)
(or a committee comprising two or more of them) considers such action to be justified.In taking such action, it shall not be necessary to hold a hearing if the Board of Directors (Governors) (or committee) considers that prompt action without a hearing is justified. The International
Affiliate shall receive notice of such action and shall be afforded a right of appeal.
- (Adopted by members at the AGM 18th January 2010)
Who can apply?
International Affiliate Membership is open to persons engaged in the scientific or clinical study of the hair and scalp and who has successfully completed an Assessment and Questionnaire and been approved by the Board of Directors of The Institute of Trichologists.
International Affiliate (UK) only applies to those applicants outside the United Kingdom, The Republic of Ireland and The Channel Islands.
To be eligible to study, the applicant will have been involved in and able to demonstrate the Study scientific, Trichological or Medical study of the human Hair and Scalp.
The assessment will be based on the successful completion of a detailed questionnaire which will be sent to you electronically.
You will be notified of the results of your questionnaire electronically
The questionnaire is designed to test the candidates understanding of the science of Trichology.
The process will conducted electronically, without the need to attend an actual meeting.
The cost of the application and assessment
will be £425 which is payable on submission of this application and is not refundable.
The payment method is shown below.
If your application is successfully approved, an annual fee payment for International Affiliate membership and certification will be required. This fee is £350
This fee will be reviewed annually by the Institute of Trichologists Board of Directors.
If your application is accepted, you will be sent a link,by email, to the payment page as soon as it is processed